UPLISAA / FEDERAL BRANCH
Islamabad and Rawalpindi Chapter of University of Peshawar Library and Information
Science Alumni Association (UPLISAA) was founded on June 23, 2012 in a meeting of
Library and Information Science (LIS) professionals from Khyber Pukhtunkhwa,
serving in Islamabad and Rawalpindi. This meeting was held at Lok Virsa (Shakarparian) in Islamabad. UPLISAA, Islamabad/Rawalpindi Chapter conducted its 2nd meeting on July 3, 2012 at Bahria University Library, Islamabad. A caretaker body was formed unanimously by the participants. This body was given mandate to prepare a master list of potential members, draft of constitution and to conduct elections of the UPLISAA, Islamabad/Rawalpindi chapter within six months after its formation. It was also decided during this meeting that the caretaker body will work under the supervision of Mr. Midrar Ullah and Mr. Saleem Ahmed.
The association is founded to (1) promote the excellence of members of UPLISAA, (2) to promote good will, co-operation and friendship amongst them and (3) to support and assist professional growth, recognition, continuing education and research in the field of Library and Information Science (LIS).
The UPLISAA, Islamabad/Rawalpindi chapter will achieve this vision through its mission of:
- Promoting a lifelong relationship with department of LIS, University of Peshawar and its alumni;
- Fostering intellectual, spiritual and emotional ties among the members of the UPLISAA nurturing mutually beneficial relationships;
- Enhancing communication between and among the department, alumni and friends;
- Advancing the unique needs of alumni, while supporting the department's goals;
- Developing an awareness of department's history, accomplishments, programs, and offerings;
- Promoting a sense of department/university pride among all graduates;
- Providing the department with insight into the needs of the current LIS job market; and highlight the achievements of its alumni.
- To provides an environment of interaction among the former graduates of the Department and the current students
- To provide a platform to the former graduates to foster and promote inter-personal relationship among the old students of the Department
- To provide an opportunity to the current students to seek guidance from the former graduates on matters of personal interest.
- To put forth efforts to promote the welfare of the alma mater.
- To benefit the current students from the experiences of former graduates with respect to job market, job search and career planning.
- To provides an environment of interaction among the former graduates of the Department and the current students ....View more